Friday 18 January 2013

Happy Birthday!

Today is my housemate and dear chum, Hannah's birthday!
She's gone home today to spend some quality time with her family, but yesterday evening we went out for a birthday meal along with some other of our housemates and friends on our course, and it was lovely.

We went out for some very yummy tapas, that i should of stopped eating long before i actually did, but it was just too good to leave, sitting there on my plate...staring at me... 
We had fun with moustaches, thanks to Hannah's mum...
Michaela's sister made an amazing oreo-chocolate, birthday cake!...
 And we popped open some celebratory fizz.
There's a comedy-sketch duo on Youtube who i love and think are hilarious, called OMFGIt'sJackAndDean!, and they have this running joke of portraying these overly posh gents who constantly come out with catchphrases such as "BALLS DEEP MY FRIEND!", while clinking their brandy glasses. Hannah and I love this and have kind of incorporated it into our lives, which can be a bit misunderstood when blurted out and we forget we're in public...
And well, this is our tribute to it :) You should definitely go check out Jack & Dean if you want a good chuckle from two talented lads.

Although our friendship hasn't been the longest, Hannah has no doubt become one of my closest and bestest friends. We live, eat, laugh, cook, and dance together and I'm yet to get sick of her....yet ;)

So here's to all the brilliant fashion choices we've made...
...our beautiful photographs....
...all the times we talk about food, even when we're eating...
 ...all the celebrations after we've handed in work...
...the snow we've trekked through...
...that 's been so cold we've shivered down to our bones...
 ...and one of the very first memories i have of our friendship where you frantically picked up an entire outfit in 10 minutes flat!
And even though you're not a gorgonzola-cheesy fool like i am, you don't need to be, because you've been there for me for (and you've slipped in the affectionate hug here and there when you've had a drink or two down you!). 
You've brought out the dirty cackle in me when I've down, by having crazy dance-offs. You get my weird ways and dance moves, and sense of humour. You're always there for a cuppa. You're an amazing person and that I'm so happy to have met you and so glad to be share my uni experience with, and I'm looking forward to what adventures the future holds. And most of all, you always return my slippers when I've left them in your room. And well, that says it all really doesn't it? :)

So here's a Happy 21st (+1) Birthday to you lovely!

 Hope you're having a brilliant day and your fellow peaheads will have a cuppa ready for you on your return :)


Speak soon,
A.x

3 comments:

  1. OOMMMGGG THIS IS AMAZING! GAHHH! I'm rolling around my room! Hahah I'm glad you included the slipper returning- true friend ;) I LOVE YOU POOP! xxxxxx

    p.s balls deep xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh dear, well appreciate it, i'm cutting off the soppy section of myself from you! from now on you'll FEEL THE FIRE x

      Delete
  2. This is the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete