Thursday 7 March 2013

Youtube

I always feel like there's two worlds when you mention the site of Youtube. There are those who use it to watch their favourite artists' videos on Vevo and watch cats and animals being cute and funny. And then there are those who watch all the million other talented stuff that it has to offer.

I definitely fit into the 2nd category.

I have watched vloggers and sketches on Youtube since i can remember, with AmazingPhil and Community Channel being the first people i was subscribed to, and who still remain to be regulars that i love to watch (come back Natalie Tran!)
There is just so much talent out there on the net it's insane, and because the internet is global, there is literally something to tick everyone's box.

I guess this post isn't really anything but to shed a bit of light onto the side of Youtube that some people may bypass, and point out a few of my personal favourites i think you should definitely go check out.
 
I've known people who have discovered a new genre of music they love to death, others who found their perfect foundation or tried a new products from beaut gurus and i felt like some sort of proud mother when AmazingPhil and Danisnotonfire got their own show on Radio 1. I think they are both hilarious and charismatic and their videos are always engaging and have so much thought put into them, from the dialogue to the editing and even the sill roles the sometimes put themselves through. And i just felt like all their hard work paid off and am so glad they are getting more notice.
KickthePJ. He comes up with the most imaginative, bonkers and brilliant things, from sketches about a grandad falling over fruit, to scary clown characters. I also personally love the way he edits, with annotations and lil sound effects that echo back to my childhood, and being a bit a Nintendo geek, this just makes me smile :) A brilliant storyteller.
GunnaRolla. I love the music and humour he creates and think he is incredibly talented. I first stumbled upon him when i saw his song, "Comic Sans" and just thought it was hilarious and so catchy, i was singing it for days!
Crabstickz. Fucking hilarious and crackers. Simple as that. I think his acting is brilliant and that he's very honest about how Youtube has changed. His video of animal impressions cracks me up every time and still remains to be one of my favourite things. ever.
Community Channel. Some of the best sketches that are brilliantly funny and relatable. Beautiful and hysterical, and i hope her and her clone self comes back soon!
Goss Make-up. One of the most honest youtubers I've ever seen and i just think he's brilliant. Gives very simple yet professional and effective tips and tutorials and they're just so well-explained. And a brilliant sense of humour!
Daily Grace. Love her comments and reactions to popular culture, absolutely witty and the catchiest little jungles that get stuck in your head...
OMFGIt'sJack&Dean. Hysterical sketches that are brilliantly written, acted out, and shot. 2 hilarious guys, whose some of their sketches have become things i refer to in daily life..."BALLS DEEP!"
 
Sorted Food. Simple ye effective absolutely yummy and creative recipes. Explained clearly by a team of charismatic and cheeky chappys!
Zoella and Sprinkle of Glitter. Both seem so sweet, funny and friendly, and i just think the make beauty videos so much more entertaining and fun with their personalities shining through.
Benjamin Cook from Nine Brass Monkeys made a series called 'Becoming Youtube' that talked about and looked into a lot of the different aspects and sides of the community and was extremely interesting and well-made and i highly recommend anyone to go watch it. But in particular, the last episode really stood out to me.
I've mentioned before who i want to start Youtube, and in fact, since i joined the site in 2006 to subscribe to channels, I've attempted 5 times, and being too afraid each time to upload what I've recorded or made. I managed to start this blog and talk a load of rubbish that most of you aren't interested in, so how is that any different?  I think it's just different. Talking to a camera and basically letting people not only judge you but also they way you look, speak, act, compared to typing your thoughts down onto a screen. But i have always thought that, with beauty gurus aside, there is a lack of female youtubers. Don;t get me wrong. I love watching beauty videos, and the female youtubers i do watch, i love. But why are the boys dominating Youtube so much? Is it because girls just can't take criticism as well? Or do we get judged by looks more? Or are girls less willing to let other people see when they make a fool out of themselves? Who knows, but there is definitely an imbalance there.

Hopefully, that's about to change and there will be one more girl in the game. If the fear doesn't take over again.

These are just a handful of my favourites, there are a plethora or other people and channels that i love and am subscribed to, but if i went through the whole list, this post would go on forever! 
I really do hope you check out some of these channels and enjoy. I have discovered and love so much that have come out of Youtube, and i hope you do too.

Hope you're all well,
Speak soon,
(promise there will be more fashion-related posts again soon!)
A.x





No comments:

Post a Comment