Saturday 27 December 2014

12 loves of Christmas

Happy Holidays boys & girls!

As we wind down from Christmas and slowly digest our overloading of turkey, I realised, I can never remember the lyrics of The 12 Days of Christmas past '2 turtle doves' - except '5 GOOOOLD RINGS' of course.

So, here's my own spin on the classic instead. Just call me Adele, lyrical extraordinaire. Filled with all the things I've loved this festive season, here are the 12 things I've loved this Christmas!

On the 12th day of Christmas, the festive season gave to me...

12 sing-a-long songs
In no a very particular order. I don't care what anyone says, but Mariah gets me into a festive spirit without fail. Every damn time. (And I like to think I can sing along to it spot on as well when I blatantly can't - Santa must have missed the memo of that Christmas wish)

11 presents wrapped
I LOVE PRESENT WRAPPING. Just jingle my bells and call me an elf.

10 fabulous nails
What can I say? I like my nail art.

9 in my crazy family
That's what Christmas is all about isn't it? To have those dear to you, near to you.

8 hours of sleep
ABSOLUTE BLISS. Any other time of the year, I'd be lucky if I got 6 hours being the night owl that I am. 

7 classic films
These are the films that I've grown up with and grown to love, and every year when I watch one of them, I feel that all Christmassy and shit.


6 festive accessories
What can I say? I love my novelty accessories.

5 warming drinks
Half the reason why I get festively plump over the holidays are due to mulled wine and Baileys, which is essentially alcoholic cream...
(And this year, I discovered Egg Nog too - god help us all)

4 christmas jumper
I love Christmas. And I love knitwear. Match-made in heaven.

3 heart-warming activities
Ice-skating, wig-wams and Christmas stalls (heart: SWOON)

2 books to read

Both smooshy and adorable to get stuck into.

and 1 very fully tummy!
Every year, I fill up my plate full of stuffing, roast spuds & pigs in blankets. Every year, I don't know when to stop. And every year, I end up lying on the floor, thinking I never want to see any food again.
The best.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, filled with fun times, yummy feasts and lots of memories with the ones you love!

What's your favourite part of Christmas?

Stay happy!
Until next time...
A.x


No comments:

Post a Comment